I’m still in the process of putting finishing touches on the foyer, but I have before/after pics
Before: Victorian wallpaper, free-standing staircase, front bay removed
After (1): Staircase cleaned and retouched, new wall with closet, updated color scheme that carries into music room beyond.
After (2): You can glimpse the old wallpaper inside the closet.
I need to add pictures and things to soften it up. That’s the fun part.
I’m stymied on my repair to the highboy. I found cabriole legs that are almost the same, and sanded them into shape. And then discovered I have no black paint. The path to dollhouse repair is never smooth.
Yesterday I finished most of the trimming of the first floor room of the Big House.
Since I love before and after pics, here are some:
“Before.” The previous incarnation as a Victorian parlor (with renovation in progress).
“After.” The same room, updated. I plan to make this a music room.
The garden “outside” is lit with the NovaLyte white strip LED light. It really looks like daylight out there!
None of this renovating was expensive. The false wall is 1/4″ plywood from the lumberyard, the plaster is spackle from the same hardware store. The trim is inexpensive dollhouse trim or 1/2″ stripwood and 1/4″ sq stripwood. I’m using the old windows in the house (repainted), and keeping the flooring (that I painstakingly put in one strip at a time). The “garden” is a photo.
The lights were about $11 a piece. Probably the French window is the most expensive item. Amazing what you can do for a few bucks.
More before and after pics of the entry hall when I fix up a few things in there.
Today the cat threw up, more clues that he might have eaten the highboy leg. No, I did not check what was in what came out. I love my minis, but I have to draw the line somewhere.
HBS (miniatures.com) have cabriole legs in the size I need, so I duly ordered more.
Progress on my big remodeling project (discussion to be posted): I got the ceiling papered in the large downstairs room (to become a music room), with chandelier wired and installed. Recruited dh to help–hard to hold pasted paper and chandelier and stick wire through hole in back of house at the same time.
Chandelier still works. Everything is drying.