Both my mom and my dollhouse are progressing. I think Mom is probably more excited about her progress! 🙂  We’re both pleased with how well she’s recovering.

On with the Fairfield. I have almost finished the first floor, except for all the trimming, gluing in the staircase and putting on the bottom newel post.

Sun room (from back of house)

Living Room

The right side w/ kitchen flooring in place. All flooring is done for first and second floors.

 

The upstairs hall with the doors to rooms and tower French doors in place. The window on the right I cut myself to add more light.

I ran into a problem with warpage when I fitted on the third floor. The walls are just not going to fit the floor unless I do some serious bending or forcing (and I fear breaking).

So… I cut off part of the third floor on the right side of the upstairs hall. This will be open to the roof, and I’ll rail it off on the next floor like a gallery. You can kind of see that in this pic (look at ceiling). I’ve also cut a hole in the next floor to continue the staircase.

The flooring here, btw, is Houseworks Southern Pine flooring stained with Early American Minwax stain pens.

I need more lighting supplies, then next I’ll do much trimming, put flooring on the third floor, and see what fun I can have up there!

Advertisements