Click pics for larger versions.

The Big House’s Foundation needed to be completely redone. It has a nice 3″ base to give it a solid porch and foundation. Originally I had glued latticework to it, per instructions, but it was out of scale and old, wood was dirty, and needed an overhaul. I pulled off everything and started again. Brick sides I left in place but grouted the spaces.

Next I created brick posts in the corners and at supports. I used loose brick corners and loose bricks plus mini mortar.

IMG_6485 (800x600)

It was a real mess under that house, but I vacuumed it out and cleaned it up. Was a bit afraid what I’d find under there…

IMG_6486 (800x600)

IMG_6487 (800x600)

IMG_6488 (800x310)

Next, latticework needed to be redone. I built three frames out of 1/4″ x 1/16″ strips, then crisscrossed 1/8″ x 1/32″ strips. I think I cleaned out the Hobby Bench of their basswood that day.

Frames in progress.

IMG_6489 (800x600)

Finished frames waiting to be painted.

IMG_6492 (800x600)

Lattice frames painted and glued in place.

IMG_6493 (800x600)

IMG_6494 (800x600)

Next, I re-floored the porch with commercially available flooring I stained.

IMG_6506 (800x600)

Posts set in place where they’ll eventually be glued.

IMG_6507 (800x571)

I’m now working on the railings. I’m doing a top railing, plus will add some brackets to that (I think), and working on the bottom railing as well. Pics when those are done.

I’m interrupting my progress to go to the NAME convention in Tucson! Yip!!!

Advertisements