After a big project like the half-scale Bungalow, I like to calm down by doing short-term, easy projects. Plus I’ve been working like crazy on a new book, which is now winding down (whew).

I did two projects–finished the cute spice tin, then did a fun, spooky one for Halloween that inspired a whole room.

IMG_3530

Completed 1/4″ scale spice tin I’d started a while back. This is a kit from Robin Betterley called “Mayblossom Morning.” (At her site, find under “Our Products” then “Holiday Vignettes–1/4 scale.”)

IMG_3531

I went for the whole shebang–spice tin kit plus three kits to furnish it. I did not use all the furniture from the kits–had a table and chair leftover, which I’m sure will find their way into another project.

IMG_3532

The tin kit comes with the lighting (LED with battery) that rests between ceiling and lid.

IMG_3533

I was attracted to this kit because of all the birdhouses. Love them.

IMG_3535

IMG_3529

I set the mini “tin” with a real antique ginger tin in my kitchen.

Ok, spring is out of the way; now it’s onto dark, fun stuff.

IMG_3527

This is a kit, in 1-inch scale, by Ginger Landon Siegal. I did her diner kit a while back, saw this one on her website, and couldn’t resist. Working on it served as a nice break when I was writing and wanted to throw my computer across the room (I didn’t).

IMG_3528

The kit inspired me to build an entire Halloween room and scene for it. I had a roombox kit I’d bought at a deep discount a long time ago that’s just been sitting in my closet. Waiting for the perfect moment, I guess!

The bare bones:

IMG_3556

IMG_3558

Next post, I’ll go through how I’m building and lighting the box–hopefully I will get it done before Halloween! It will be filled with potions, skulls, caldrons, and other creepy stuff.

Advertisements