I took some time away from building the exterior of the Beacon Hill to install more lights. Here’s one I made from jewelry findings from JAF / JAR plus the remnants of a Victorian chandelier I had hanging in The Big House.

img_7036

This was my first attempt to do a light without following instructions–I based it on ones I’d already done but adapted the findings for what I needed. The glass globes came off the old chandelier.

img_7082

I like how it turned out!

img_7080

Next, I finished the first-floor staircase by building a false door which looks like it leads either down to a basement or to a closet.

img_7075

Since I finished and wired the chandelier in the second-floor hallway, I was able to install flooring and the third floor landing railing.

img_7076

Another look at the second floor staircase and new chandelier.

img_7067

When I was in my yard, I noticed this perspective of the house through the window. I like how it looks, so now I’m contemplating leaving this side open. Of course, I’d loose wall space for furniture, but I’ll think about it.

img_7086

I wanted to put a lamp in the third floor room that will be a bedroom. I’d made this lamp some time ago just to see if I could, but had nowhere to put it. I had to find the window sill for the dormer window in the kit and finish it so I could wire the lamp through the sill and wire it in before I put on the roof.

I still have two more lights to do (kitchen and third floor hall), but I can put those in later.

img_7090

And of course, my assistants help with everything.

Advertisements